Which Luma Med Spa treatments are available for men?
At Luma Med Spa, we recognize that men care about their skin and bodies, too. Wanting a clear, youthful complexion and a sculpted body is universal, and for the men looking to reach their aesthetic goals, we provide a variety of effective treatments. At our medical spa in Auburn, Washington, we offer Testosterone replacement therapy, Botox & Dysport injections, dermal fillers, SculpSure fat reduction treatments, TempSure Envi skin tightening, ICON laser treatments, PicoSure pigment & tattoo removal, liposuction, VASERlipo body sculpting and a variety of face treatments.
Testosterone replacement therapy
If you suffer from testosterone deficiency, click here to learn more about Spartan Pellet Therapy for men.
What are Botox & Dysport?
We’re all familiar with crow’s feet, horizontal forehead lines, and furrows by the brows. When your facial muscles repeatedly contract and move over time, your skin loses elasticity and these lines become more permanent. Luckily, Botox and Dysport are quick and effective solutions.
Treatments generally last ten minutes and are relatively painless. We will numb the treatment area before any injections take place. You will be able to return your normal, everyday activities immediately following the procedure. Your Botox or Dysport results will be noticeable within 24-48 hours and are known to last for up to 3-4 months.
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are injectable treatments used to restore lost volume to the face and diminish facial lines. Fillers can plump up thin lips, add volume to the cheeks and temples, soften facial creases, improve the appearance of scars and reshape the face.
One of the most common requests we hear from clients is to help fight the signs of aging. We offer a variety of dermal fillers to help firm and smooth your skin, giving you a youthful appearance without any surgery. The fillers we use include: Juvéderm Vollure, Juvéderm Voluma, Juvéderm Volbella, Restylane, Restylane Refyne, Restylane Defyne and Restylane Lyft.
- Juvéderm Vollure smooths out moderate-to-severe lines and wrinkles. It can also be used as volumize certain areas of the face. Vollure uses Vycross technology – a method in which a combination of low and high molecular HA is used to improve cross-linking efficiency. This means a longer, more stable product.
- Juvéderm Voluma is designed to add volume beneath the skin’s surface to lift and contour. It is the perfect filler for larger areas such as cheeks, temples, jawline and hands.
- Juvéderm Volbella is commonly used in thin-skinned areas such as the lips and tear troughs. It’s perfect for adding subtle volume and smoothing out the appearance of fine lines.
- Restylane Refyne is used to smooth out wrinkles and expression lines. This injectable was designed to give skin more support while also providing the flexibility people need to easily adjust to any facial expression. It is used most commonly in the smile lines and marionette lines.
- Restylane Defyne is used to address aging facial skin, specifically deep wrinkles and volume loss. Because of its robust nature, it is perfect for larger areas that need volumizing such as temples, cheeks and hands.
- Restylane Lyft is used to lift and define the mid-face, correcting volume loss and enhancing contour. It is a great injectable for the cheeks.
With dermal fillers, Outcomes are often determined by the individual’s metabolism, location of product placement, and number of syringes used. You can expect the results to last anywhere between 6-18 months.
Before and after photos (Restylane)
What is SculpSure?
SculpSure is a non-surgical fat reduction procedure that helps you achieve a natural-looking, slimmer appearance. Using this laser system, we can treat the abdomen, love handles, back, thighs and under the chin (submental area). Each treatment plan is customized to achieve your desired results. If you are looking to address your stubborn body fat, this procedure may be the perfect solution for you.
During SculpSure treatments, we will apply the system’s applicators directly to your skin. Then, controlled heat from the laser will specifically target and damage unwanted fat cells without harming the surrounding tissue. Over time, these damaged cells will be naturally removed from your body and will not regenerate.
You may start to see changes as quickly as 3 weeks after your treatment, but you will experience the most dramatic results after 2 months. Your body will still continue to flush out fat cells for up to 4 to 6 months after your treatment, and a series of treatments is often recommended.
Before and after photos
What is TempSure Envi?
TempSure Envi is a non-invasive laser treatment that uses radiofrequency energy to tighten loose skin on the face and body. This treatment can also minimize facial wrinkles & lines, and can reduce the appearance of cellulite. With TempSure Envi, you can safely and effectively restore lost collagen and tighten your skin without surgery.
Using radiofrequency to gently heat your skin, TempSure increases your skin’s temperature for a defined amount of time. This heat triggers the body’s natural reaction to produce new collagen. These new collagen fibers that form will be tight and dense, leaving you with more youthful skin. Treatments are safe for all skin types and levels of sun exposure.
Individual results will vary, depending on the concern(s) you are looking to address. Optimal results are usually seen in the weeks and months following your treatment. A series of treatments are required for the best results. Ideally, 3-5 treatments are recommended at 4 week intervals to maximize the collagen rebuilding process.
What is ICON?
The ICON laser can address multiple skin issues with just one device. This multifaceted laser system offers the same benefits as other non-invasive lasers, but with less discomfort and downtime. ICON offers three different treatment modalities in one machine, allowing us to address everything from wrinkles and discoloration, to broken capillaries, dull skin and laser hair removal.
The ICON Laser offers a one-time treatment solution with minimal downtime and a fast recovery, giving patients dramatic improvements in the overall appearance of their skin. ICON fractional laser works on all skin types, including very light and very dark skin. Learn more about ICON here.
Before and after photos (hair removal)
What is PicoSure?
The PicoSure laser system uses innovative picosecond technology to provide both cosmetic treatments to improve the skin’s appearance and tattoo removal of all ink colors. It is the first of a new generation of aesthetic lasers that do not rely solely on heat to melt away unwanted tattoo ink or melanin, the pigment that causes dark spots on the skin. Instead, pigment is shattered, without damaging the surrounding tissue.
Whether your concerns include fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, uneven tone or unwanted pigmentation, PicoSure offers the leading technology for laser skin revitalization. Additionally, this is one of the few lasers safe for all skin types, giving all men a revitalized complexion without the risk that comes with other devices.
PicoSure tattoo removal treatments vary with size and color. Generally, at least four to six appointments are needed to completely remove the tattoo, which is significantly less than other tattoo removal systems. This highly effective laser is also safe for tattoo removal on all skin types, including men with darker complexions.
Before and after photos (tattoo removal)
What is liposuction? What is VASERlipo?
Liposuction, sometimes referred to as “lipo,” slims and reshapes specific areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits and improving body contours. It is a surgical procedure that uses a suction technique to reduce fat from specific areas of the body, such as the abdomen, neck, arms, hips, thighs or buttocks. You may be a candidate for liposuction if you have too much body fat in specific spots, but otherwise have a stable body weight.
VASERlipo uses targeted ultrasound technology designed to selectively remove fat and help reshape your body. The VASER lipo procedure is powerful enough to tackle larger areas of fat, including the abdomen, flanks or thighs, but VASERlipo is also precise enough to work in delicate areas like the neck.
Both treatments can effectively help sculpt your body and give you the results you have always desired!
What are the available face treatments?
If you’d like to improve the tone and texture of the skin on your face, we also provide facials, chemical peels, microneedling, dermaplaning and microdermabrasion.
- Facials are a great addition to skin care routines. A facial can improve your skin’s complexion and texture, boost collagen production, remove dead skin cells, clear your pores, improve the appearance of fine lines and moisturize & hydrate your skin.
- Chemical Peels are procedures in which a solution is applied to the skin to slough off skin cells. The regenerated skin underneath has a smoother texture and is more even in skin tone. Some chemical peels are mild and have no downtime, while others are stronger and may require several weeks of downtime.
- Microneedling is a popular skincare treatment that uses precise “micro-injuries” to stimulate the skin’s self-repair mechanism. This process triggers new collagen synthesis without causing scars or other damage to the skin. The resulting channels allow skincare products to penetrate deeper into the skin, resulting in improved product delivery. This procedure is perfect for men who suffer from textural issues such as acne scarring and enlarged pores.
- Dermaplaning is a form of manual exfoliation that eliminates the outer layer of dead skin cells and removes the vellus hairs (peach fuzz) on the face. Considered a perfect pre-procedure treatment to any laser session, it allows the laser or light device to penetrate deeper into the dermis of the skin for improved results.
- Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive exfoliation and skin revitalizing treatment. The treatment gently removes the top layer of skin, which is mostly dead skin cells and debris. At the same time, a vacuum simultaneously sucks away the dead skin in a precise and controlled manner. As a result, the skin is left smoother and cleaner than ever.
Request a consultation at Luma Med Spa in Auburn, Washington
With all of these different treatment options for men, it can seem overwhelming. Don’t worry, we are here to help. When you schedule a consultation at Luma Med Spa in Auburn, Washington, we will discuss your aesthetic goals and help select the best treatment(s) for you. To get started, request an appointment using the form on our website or give us a call at (253) 218-6642.